Okay, so this was originally supposed to be the thing that was on the podcast, but since that won’t work, I’m making it into a blog post.
It is a rant, people. I think this mostly happens to girls, but I don’t know, maybe some fashion-savvy guys can have this happen to them, too.
You know that thing (guys can relate) where you’re waiting for someone to finish shopping for something, and it takes them eternity to buy three things? That’s what I’m talking about.
“Let’s go shopping” is not giving you permission to put them through an eternity of boredom. So, I decided to explain to you guys (gals) how to shop without angering people. It’s a list. Check it off each time you go shopping with your boyfriend. Or your mom. Or anyone.
1. Have in mind at least loosely what you want to buy, and know which stores you have to go to to buy these things.
2. If you can’t find it, ask someone who works there.
3. Don’t go off on more than three tangents while shopping.
4. Take refreshment and bathroom breaks.
5. Get in the store, and get out as quickly as humanly possible.
6. Let the person coming with you go to the shops they want to, too.
If you can follow these six things, I guarantee that people you shop with will be less irritated with you. Really.